[Full-Disclosure] Akamai

From: Niek Baakman (niekbaakman_at_home.nl)
Date: 06/15/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:58:27 +0200

    Hi list,

    akamai disappeared from the internet about an hour ago.
    (all their dns servers are dead, hence many companies that
    use akamai are unreachable: microsoft.com/liveupdate.symantec.com
    apple/some search engines)

    Does anyone know if it is security-related (ddos, something else).

    Regards,

    Niek

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Windows cannot find the network path error message in GPMC
      ... Preferred DNS server. ... bar of the Network Connections window, ... sure you have Forwarders to your ISP DNS servers Enabled. ... preventing access to this computer from the Internet" is Not checked on this ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
    • Re: Domain Name 2 NS Mapping
      ... On the Public DNS you will create records that have names and IPs to point ... Also if a internet user has to connect to our website ... Internet user's DNS servers will ask the DNS servers listed on your Public ... network, these IPs cannot be routed accross the internet. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: FOR SALE: Brand New and Unused - Netgear ProSafe 48 Port Gigabit Managed Switch (GS752TXSB&#
      ... The Dead uk.adverts.computer Sketch ... A customer enters the Demon Internet shop. ... Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint. ... Look, if you go to my brother's internet shop in Bolton, he'll ...
      (uk.adverts.computer)
    • Re: DNS problem - 2 IP addresses on one adapter
      ... the name is available via public DNS and resolves to our ... another FQDN which on public DNS servers resolves to the same external IP, ... But this would override (on the clients) the DNS request ... 192.168.x.y won't route on the Internet. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: Restrict Dynamic Updates
      ... Our current production network doesn't have a perimeter firewall, ... Our current DNS servers provide both external/internal name ... The current plan is to continue to point our clients to the BIND DNS servers ... the article "HOW TO Configure DNS for Internet Access in Windows Server ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)