Re: [Full-Disclosure] Imaging Operating Systems

From: James Riden (j.riden_at_massey.ac.nz)
Date: 05/26/04

    To: mbs@mistrealm.com
    Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:24:13 +1200

    Michael Schaefer <mbs@mistrealm.com> writes:

    > Hi all
    >
    > We are building a Windows test system, to try out tool bars, spy ware,
    > malware and trojans on.
    >
    > Once we learn what we need to know, we obviously want to get rid of
    > the junk quickly and cleanly.
    >
    > I keep hearing suggestions about having a "clean image" to transfer
    > onto the computer.
    >
    > Can anyone send some details?

    Ghost or Altiris can do this for you.

    --
    James Riden / j.riden@massey.ac.nz / Systems Security Engineer
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.

    • [Full-Disclosure] Imaging Operating Systems
      ... We are building a Windows test system, to try out tool bars, spy ware, ... malware and trojans on. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: what is this file C:windowsDzexaluxoc.dll
      ... | Malware are malicions programs that disable antivirus etc. Trojans download ... trojans, viruses, worms, exploitation code, etc. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Is complete home security possible?
      ... >> the trojans, which used TFTP to call out through various ports. ... >> malware disabled my firewall and virus program. ... > malware program was running with the security context rights of Admin. ... startup of programs during boot. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Klone Virus
      ... Still, if Klone requires treatment from ... Malware is the super level term that decribes bad software of the ... The MAIN difference is the fact that viruses replicate, Trojans do not ... Getting back to the use of "anti virus" software for Trojans. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Klone Virus
      ... Malware is the super level term that decribes bad software of the malicious kind. ... The MAIN difference is the fact that viruses replicate, Trojans do not self-replicate. ... Getting back to the use of "anti virus" software for Trojans. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)