[Full-Disclosure] Imaging Operating Systems

From: Michael Schaefer (mbs_at_mistrealm.com)
Date: 05/26/04

    To: Full-Disclosure <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:55:17 -0400

    Hi all

    We are building a Windows test system, to try out tool bars, spy ware,
    malware and trojans on.

    Once we learn what we need to know, we obviously want to get rid of the
    junk quickly and cleanly.

    I keep hearing suggestions about having a "clean image" to transfer onto
    the computer.

    Can anyone send some details?

    Is there an official Microsoft way to do this?

    Is some sort of over the network OS installation script in order here?

    Are there other vendors that do a better job?

    Thanks

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html