[Full-Disclosure] Imaging Operating Systems

From: Michael Schaefer (mbs_at_mistrealm.com)
Date: 05/26/04

    To: Full-Disclosure <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:55:17 -0400

    Hi all

    We are building a Windows test system, to try out tool bars, spy ware,
    malware and trojans on.

    Once we learn what we need to know, we obviously want to get rid of the
    junk quickly and cleanly.

    I keep hearing suggestions about having a "clean image" to transfer onto
    the computer.

    Can anyone send some details?

    Is there an official Microsoft way to do this?

    Is some sort of over the network OS installation script in order here?

    Are there other vendors that do a better job?

    Thanks

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Imaging Operating Systems
      ... > We are building a Windows test system, to try out tool bars, spy ware, ... > malware and trojans on. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: what is this file C:windowsDzexaluxoc.dll
      ... | Malware are malicions programs that disable antivirus etc. Trojans download ... trojans, viruses, worms, exploitation code, etc. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Is complete home security possible?
      ... >> the trojans, which used TFTP to call out through various ports. ... >> malware disabled my firewall and virus program. ... > malware program was running with the security context rights of Admin. ... startup of programs during boot. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Klone Virus
      ... Still, if Klone requires treatment from ... Malware is the super level term that decribes bad software of the ... The MAIN difference is the fact that viruses replicate, Trojans do not ... Getting back to the use of "anti virus" software for Trojans. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Klone Virus
      ... Malware is the super level term that decribes bad software of the malicious kind. ... The MAIN difference is the fact that viruses replicate, Trojans do not self-replicate. ... Getting back to the use of "anti virus" software for Trojans. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)