RE: [Full-Disclosure] Cisco's stolen code

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresne_at_winternet.com)
Date: 05/25/04

    To: "Ng, Kenneth (US)" <kenng@kpmg.com>
    Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:41:53 -0500 (CDT)

    On Tue, 25 May 2004, Ng, Kenneth (US) wrote:

    > Brian: I will give you another good reason to not go near the stolen code.
    > If you EVER want to work on any project that is even remotely related to
    > routers, or routing or anything else that Cisco equipment can do, you can
    > not have touched any of the stolen code, or your code will be suspect.
    > (Your accounting package has queues? Cisco IOS has queues (I assume), you
    > must have copied it.) Even if your writing the code entirely from scratch,
    > because you have seen the stolen code, you may be suspect. Is it unfair?
    > Definitely. But this is why the GNU people emphasize staying away from any
    > licensed source code.

    Well except all that code stoen from SCO <grin>...

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
            ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

    OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Ciscos stolen code
      ... On Tue, 25 May 2004, Ng, Kenneth wrote: ... > routers, or routing or anything else that Cisco equipment can do, you can ... > not have touched any of the stolen code, or your code will be suspect. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Registry repair...?
      ... Kenneth - Glad you got it straightened out. ... >> Hi Kenneth - I suspect you already removed them per what you said in your ... >> original post. ... Support folks from Acronis (True Image) asked that I ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.registry)
    • Re: Search fields on web prevent entry...?
      ... Kenneth wrote on Wed, ... prob. ... The fact that it's a tooltip causing you grief, and that the Alt_Shift+F key combination worked, still makes me suspect it's something to do with the mouse. ... I know you swapped it and the second mouse showed the same behaviour; could it maybe be something to do with video hardware acceleration? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: OT. Add wireless to wired network
      ... However WAPs are typically more expensive than routers these days. ... Ecomomies of scale I suspect. ...
      (uk.telecom.broadband)