Re: [Full-Disclosure] Odd packet?

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresne_at_winternet.com)
Date: 05/25/04

    To: Gregh <chows@ozemail.com.au>
    Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:13:44 -0500 (CDT)

    why not post a log snippet <if not a real trace> with the offending log
    entry <wash and rinse to protect the secrets needing kept>? Its then
    possible to analize what you are seeing there. blind Faith was a short
    lived band...

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne

    On Tue, 25 May 2004, Gregh wrote:

    > Getting quite a few 127.0.0.1 on differing ports lately and I know it isn't
    > originating FROM this machine. Haven't sniffed any packets but they come up
    > in logs.
    >
    > Anyone know of anything that spoofs as coming from 127.0.0.1 but comes from
    > outside and what it may relate to? Only been the last week and nothing
    > changed here. Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Greg.

    > Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    > Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
            ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

    OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.