Re: [Full-Disclosure] cyberwar against US ?

From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn (raymond_at_prolocation.net)
Date: 05/14/04

    To: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
    Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 19:08:32 +0200 (CEST)

    Hi!

    > > > I've read on zone-h that a group of hackers, called HAA, plans a massive
    > > > cyberattack against usa.
    > > > does anyone have heard about that ?

    > > Can you define US in terms of internet routing ? Is there one US 'border' ?
    > > There is networks, no US or Europe or anything on the net.
    >
    > OK.. Tell me where you expect to see traffic spikes if you launch a DDoS on the
    > following targets:
    >
    > 1) www.microsoft.com
    > 2) AOL's mail servers
    > 3) www.whitehouse.gov
    > 4) www.bbc.co.uk
    > 5) The Al-Ghazeera website.

    You list one nice example, and also one that is pointing to what i were
    saying. microsoft is, if i am right, still akamized.

    I am sure you get the picture, i still think its hard to define 'US' but
    never mind. Even if you lookup things, its all depeding of the view they
    give you for your lookup.

    Specific sites you may be able to pinpoint.

    Bye,
    Raymond.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] cyberwar against US ?
      ... >> There is networks, no US or Europe or anything on the net. ... Tell me where you expect to see traffic spikes if you launch a DDoS on the ... -- "A Mormon is a man that has the bad taste and the religion to do what a good many other people are restrained from doing by conscientious scruples and the police." ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: obtaining a companys network ranges
      ... > networks that are registered to that company? ... If the offender is sitting off a DSL circuit ... In that instance, you have the opportunity of banning the address, ... To lookup US addresses, visit www.arin.net and use their whois. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Extract a company name from an IP ?
      ... you can use nslookup, if reverse address lookup has been activated, or go ... to www.arin.net, or www.ripe.net (arin is US absed, ripe is europe, ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)