Re: [Full-Disclosure] Calcuating Loss
Date: 05/11/04

    To: Jos Osborne <>
    Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:15:50 -0400

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 16:30:46 BST, Jos Osborne <> said:
    > >How about when Micro$oft releases a bundled patch (cough cough MS04-011) to
    > >fix several bugs and security holes (supposedly to help "minimize loss" from
    > >these bugs and worms) only to find out that the patch itself has broken just
    > >as many services as it fixed, taking down one's server for a few hours,
    > >causing yet... more loss! ;-)
    > Grrrr - that little pressie from M$ cost us a whole morning...

    "You can chalk up a morning's worth of semi-scheduled losses now, or chalk up
    even more losses when you have to install patches *after* cleaning the worm off".

    "You can pay me $500, or you can pay the hospital $4,000 to have your kneecaps

    Draw your own conclusions about any family resemblance between those two
    statements. :)

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.

    • Re: WANTED: IEEE Member
      ... But the IEEE doesn't pay the author. ... "Kudos" score by how many other papers reference that paper. ... Can of worms - what every fisherman wants. ...
    • Re: Anyone a full member of "Forget Dinner"?
      ... Any dating site that makes you pay to READ messages is a SCAM. ... Peter Hill ... Can of worms - what every fisherman wants. ...
    • Re: Sky+ HD Box capabilities
      ... Or would this open a can of worms that it just wouldn't be worth attempting. ... sky subscribers don't have to pay a 10 pound fee anymore - it's part of ANY sub. ...
    • Re: 1995 firebird
      ... start it to move it and it just kept rolling gets lots of ... gas and everything...i checked everything what is wrong with it??? ... Pay for my flight and I'm come look at for you. ... Can of worms - what every fisherman wants. ...