Re: [Full-Disclosure] Calcuating Loss
Date: 05/11/04

    To: Jos Osborne <>
    Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:15:50 -0400

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 16:30:46 BST, Jos Osborne <> said:
    > >How about when Micro$oft releases a bundled patch (cough cough MS04-011) to
    > >fix several bugs and security holes (supposedly to help "minimize loss" from
    > >these bugs and worms) only to find out that the patch itself has broken just
    > >as many services as it fixed, taking down one's server for a few hours,
    > >causing yet... more loss! ;-)
    > Grrrr - that little pressie from M$ cost us a whole morning...

    "You can chalk up a morning's worth of semi-scheduled losses now, or chalk up
    even more losses when you have to install patches *after* cleaning the worm off".

    "You can pay me $500, or you can pay the hospital $4,000 to have your kneecaps

    Draw your own conclusions about any family resemblance between those two
    statements. :)

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.