RE: [Full-Disclosure] programming

From: Steven Alexander (alexander.s_at_mccd.edu)
Date: 04/27/04

    To: <polsen@westchestercapital.com>, "Security List" <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:34:47 -0700

    Learn C. Unix and Linux are written in C, as is most software for those
    platforms. Windows is written in C and C++. Most exploits are written
    in C. Almost all of the buffer overflow exploits and papers available
    are for C or C++ programs (with C++ being the minority). For
    understanding buffer overflows, some assembly language is helpful. Some
    skill in shell scripting and/or perl is useful for system administration
    and security as well.

    -steven