Re: [Full-Disclosure] Security Sites

From: Andrew Simmons (andrews_at_mis-cds.com)
Date: 04/23/04

    To: polsen@westchestercapital.com
    Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:48:34 +0100

    Patrick Olsen wrote:

    > I have been looking around and haven't found a very good security forum and
    > I was wondering if anyone has some ideas. Im new to the security field and
    > am looking at learning as much as possible. Also maybe even some more
    > mailing lists. I appreciate everyone that posts here I enjoy reading the
    > comments. Thanks in advance

    Fyodor published a good list of infosec sites voted for by Nmap users,
    similar to the tools list.

    Scroll down this page for the websites list:
    http://seclists.org/lists/nmap-hackers/2003/Oct-Dec/0003.html

    Top 75 tools:
    http://www.insecure.org/tools.html

    He's also got a good list of mailing lists at:
    http://seclists.org/

    \a

    --
    Andrew Simmons
    Penetration Tester | Security Consultant

    • Re: alcohol will improve your go.
      ... While I agree that alcohol rather adversely affects one's ability to play Go, my experience being two good lagers is one stone and each lager thereafter is another stone reduction in playing strength, I do not agree that this affect occurs with marijuana. ... The experiment consisted of four groups being tested, ie timed, for their learning a set of a dozen, four-letter nonsense strings and a week later, being timed as to how long it took them to remember the same list. ... There were several such lists, and these lists were carefully designed so there were no patterns to them, learning was simple, brute force rote memorization. ... The four control groups were learning and retention straight and straight, straight and stoned, stoned and straight, and stoned and stoned. ...
      (rec.games.go)
    • Re: alcohol will improve your go.
      ... While I agree that alcohol rather adversely affects one's ability to play Go, my experience being two good lagers is one stone and each lager thereafter is another stone reduction in playing strength, I do not agree that this affect occurs with marijuana. ... The experiment consisted of four groups being tested, ie timed, for their learning a set of a dozen, four-letter nonsense strings and a week later, being timed as to how long it took them to remember the same list. ... There were several such lists, and these lists were carefully designed so there were no patterns to them, learning was simple, brute force rote memorization. ... The four control groups were learning and retention straight and straight, straight and stoned, stoned and straight, and stoned and stoned. ...
      (rec.games.go)
    • Re: favor
      ... TM> posts to it, but questions has always been left open for posting. ... most mailing lists would not be able to function ... TM> For a mailing list, it's archives are part and parcel of the forum, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • This is simply amazing......
      ... Here is a chance to get a good bit of money with no costs ... Follow the instructions carefully and you can see how ... income when you sell the mailing lists. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Anti-Spam ideas for usenet/list harvested email addresses
      ... What's more fun is making a website that creates endless lists of bogus ... come from a server with reverse DNS of murphy.debian.org). ... > time they see spam coming “from” the list. ... But for most mailing lists, MAIL FROM: ...
      (Debian-User)