Re: [Full-Disclosure] Office XP Update: March 23, 2004

From: Frank Knobbe (frank_at_knobbe.us)
Date: 04/17/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:14:06 -0500

    On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 16:10, insecure wrote:
    > SUMMARY
    > Microsoft has released an update to Microsoft Office XP. This update
    > contains important security and stability enhancements in the Microsoft
    > Script Editor and may require that you restart your computer

    ...that *may* require a restart? Don't they test those patches?

    --
    Warning at the Gates of Bill:
    Abandon hope, all ye who press <ENTER> here...

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • RE: Active Directory Repair indices
      ... I know that when you restart your Windows 2003 SBS ... Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable ... In Directory Services Restore Mode, run the semantic checker on the ... Apply Predefined Security Templates in Windows Server 2003 ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Data Execution Prevention: IIS Worker Process
      ... Open Control panel->Scheduled Tasks on SBS ... Select the time you want to restart the SBS, ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Server shutdown and restart itself...
      ... Microsoft can make no representation concerning ... On a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based domain controller, ... The SESM client may kill the LSASS.EXE process and make the system restart. ... Server shutdown and restart itself... ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Can`t logoff from Server
      ... If you still want to restart or shut down the computer, ... When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, ... Microsoft Windows Server 2003 on the list that is displayed, ...
    • Re: LASASS error 0xc00002e1 and DSRM password
      ... usual practise of scheduling an "out of hours" shutdown and restart. ... "Security Account Manager initialization failed because of the ... Directory Services Restore Mode, check the event log for more detailed ... Microsoft MVP - Directory Services ...