RE: [inbox] [Full-Disclosure] Hi! Antiviruses Comparison - A Little Research Results

From: Curt Purdy (purdy_at_tecman.com)
Date: 04/16/04

    To: "'Feher Tamas'" <etomcat@freemail.hu>, <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:04:45 -0500

    Feher Tamas wrote:
    > If you are a lamer in the AV area, then please don't fool
    > others! There
    > are at least 12 major players in the AV arena, each with diverse
    > weaknesses and strong points.

    <snip>

    > It could make a book, not just the disorganized
    > mess of text I wrote above.
    >
    > Sincerely: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

    Actually Tamas, that is one of the best short critiques I have seen on the
    AV market and I agree with almost every point. Factual and without bias.
    Maybe you should write that book.

    Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
    Information Security Engineer
    DP Solutions

    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
    What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html