RE: [Full-Disclosure] OT microsoft "feature"

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards_at_hq.adiscon.com)
Date: 04/16/04

    To: <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:46:15 +0200

    VAX VMS, if you know it, does exactly the same (as usual). And - shock -
    look at this:

    ###
    >ping 0x10.010.10.10

    Pinging 0x10.010.10.10 [16.8.10.10] with 32 bytes of data:
    ###

    Isn't that shocking? ;)

    Rainer
    PS: I once had a collague who loved to order things. He made all
    addresses with 3-digit pairs and introduced leading zeros. I won't
    forget the expression on his face when I told him why his hard work
    didn't work well ;)

    • Re: makefile help - OT
      ... can eliminate alot of hard work. ... The real problem with make is that it is so unportable, ... many implementations (e.g. Solaris make) are pretty primitive. ... Make-hating is just folk wisdom, or "received wisdom," in ...
      (comp.unix.programmer)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] OT microsoft "feature"
      ... expected behavior, and you will find that Solaris, FreeBSD, and Solaris all ... Sacha J. Bernstein ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: is the newly released oracle-sol 11 an advance?
      ... Solaris 11 Express was all about getting ready for Solaris 11. ... Then you either buy new hardware ... effort to fix and requalify it. ... just remember how much hard work and expensive it was to deal with Dec ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: MEDIA: IBM backs Suns Solaris, renews Java pact
      ... The biggest proof is the hard work we're putting in ... > laptops and the fact that we're actually shipping Solaris 10/x86 ... I'm wondering whether Linux really has a future now that Solaris 10 for x86 ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)