Re: [Full-Disclosure] Cisco LEAP exploit tool...

mmo_at_remote-exploit.org
Date: 04/11/04

    To: "Perrymon, Josh L." <PerrymonJ@bek.com>
    Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:01:21 +0200

    Hi all
    ---Asleap and developed
    > by Beyond-Security, actively de-authenticates users, sniffs the network
    > when the user re-auntheticates, and performs an offline dictionary
    > attack upon the password."

    First of all it is not developed by Beyond-Security.

    > ---
    >
    > Are theyt talking about the Radius / AAA password? WEP?

    LEAP is a Lightweight Extensible Authentication Protocol from CISCO.
    It uses challange response, like mschap. Got the same bugs, nothing to
    do with Radius or WEP. Get the details on sourceforge.

    > How long is that effective in LEap. I understand it does the frequency
    > hop
    > like the milatary radios and uses an X-Auth backend...

    Forget the 802.11b/g does not use frequency hopping. The amount of time
    to crack is only
    a few seconds, the major time factor is having the right wordlist to
    prehash from. If you dont
    have the password in your list, only bruteforce can help you, so then
    it depends on the complexity and the length.

    > How long will it take to crack the password? I know that I locked
    > myself out
    > of a windows box once- booted with knoppix and burnt the Sam --
    >
    > Ok know just run l0phtcrack and i had the password right?

    Nothing to do with SAM etc, because it sniffs challange and response
    and then offline crack it.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html