Re: [Full-Disclosure] Browser bugs [DoS] ... where will you draw a line?

From: Heikki Toivonen (hjtoi_at_comcast.net)
Date: 04/09/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 10:43:19 -0700

    bipin gautam wrote:
    > Browser bugs [DoS] ... where will you draw a line?

    Browser DoS bugs don't get high priority because they are so easy to
    avoid. For example, if you go to a website that crashes your browser,
    hangs it, or launches 10,000 popup windows you can simply kill the
    browser and never go to that site again. Annoying, yes, but that's about it.

    DoS bugs that cause permanent damage are treated differently, of course.
    For example, I could imagine a bug that would corrupt some critical file
    and the browser would no longer start. Those bugs would be fixed fast,
    like traditional security vulnerabilities.

    --
       Heikki Toivonen
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Browser bugs [DoS] ... where will you draw a line?
      ... > Browser DoS bugs don't get high priority because ... execute evil ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Slow Downloads
      ... The link I provided was for Broadband Reports, not Cox. ... comfortable switching from IE to another browser. ... Are there any Web sites that cause no problems at all? ... America's website takes a long time to load. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: single page apps, URL hash setting, bookmarking, & the back button.
      ... illusion for users with no expectations to begin with. ... Incompetence and broken browser behavior were definite factors (with ... links because they find the website hard to use, ...
      (comp.lang.javascript)
    • Re: Most ridiculous website?
      ... software-capability program just so they can view or navigate a website. ... always with a text browser. ... I was taught accessibility by my poor and handicapped friends and I ... The Internet should be for everyone. ...
      (alt.internet.search-engines)
    • Re: Highjacked homepage
      ... This may be caused by spyware/malware that's gotten installed on ... Windows Defender and/or Spybot Search & Destroy ... section, uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions", click Apply, click ... website, while the website of choice is unobtainable also this website has ...