RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: [FD] FD should block attachments

From: Mike Smith (mike_at_sane.com)
Date: 04/05/04

    To: "Luke Norman" <luke@normanonline.co.uk>, <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 19:36:50 -0400

    >>am i missing something here?
    >> because i realy do not see the issue.
    >>

    >Yes, you are
    >As far as I can see from the numerous postings on the list, the issue
    >isn't really recieving virii or anything else, it's the wasted
    >time/bandwidth etc etc that comes from attatchments, and the costs that

    >places on users who pay by the minute or by the megabyte. I personally
    >don't think attatchments should be stopped, but I believe that's the
    >argument for their filtering?
    >Luke

            Having followed this list for the previous year, I can not say
    that any and all possible attachments waste any more time than some of
    the conversations that take place. It gets ridiculous... For me, it's
    down to about 1 of every 10 threads and 1 of every 25 posts that holds
    any interest of useful information... Those are approaching my unusable
    limits....

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html