[Full-Disclosure] Automated metadata recovery for document collections (tool release)

From: Michal Zalewski (lcamtuf_at_ghettot.org)
Date: 04/03/04

    To: full-disclosure@netsys.com
    Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 17:18:49 +0200 (CEST)

    Hi,

    After my short write-up on results of automated change tracking data
    recovery for Microsoft Word documents found at microsoft.com [1], I've
    received a couple of inquiries from pen-testers who asked me about the
    tool I used to find the data, and stated that something like this would be
    a good addition to their everyday testing methodology.

    A beta version of the tool to automatically detect and index change
    tracking information in a collection of Word documents published on a
    website (or stored on disk, mounted via SMB/NFS, etc) is now available for
    download:

      http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/soft/therev.tgz

    If there is enough interest, I'll try to maintain this tool and add
    options to gather all other types of security-relevant metadata (such as
    usernames, MAC addresses and whatnot) as well.

    Regards,
    mz

    [1] http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/strikeout/

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.