[Full-Disclosure] FD should block attachments

From: Michael Gale (michael.gale_at_bluesuperman.com)
Date: 03/29/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 02:40:00 -0700

    Hello,

            Being a member of this I do not mind the carrying on of list
    members. I usually enjoy reading the banter and I do not care about the
    "noise" ratio.

    What is annoying is the amount of viruses or waste of my bandwidth
    attachments that come from this list.

    I think FD should change their policy and block all attachments, except
    maybe plain text file's.

    Most people on this list are smart enough that exe's, zip and pif
    attachments do not need to be send, I am tired of the excuses:

    I had a virus
    I did not know what the file was

    FD should block attachments except for plain text. People can post links
    to web pages or what ever that way only people who want to see the
    attachment would get it, plus it would save on your bandwidth.

    Michael.

    --
    Hand over the Slackware CD's and back AWAY from the computer, your geek
    rights have been revoked !!!