[Full-Disclosure] FD should block attachments

From: Michael Gale (michael.gale_at_bluesuperman.com)
Date: 03/29/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 02:40:00 -0700

    Hello,

            Being a member of this I do not mind the carrying on of list
    members. I usually enjoy reading the banter and I do not care about the
    "noise" ratio.

    What is annoying is the amount of viruses or waste of my bandwidth
    attachments that come from this list.

    I think FD should change their policy and block all attachments, except
    maybe plain text file's.

    Most people on this list are smart enough that exe's, zip and pif
    attachments do not need to be send, I am tired of the excuses:

    I had a virus
    I did not know what the file was

    FD should block attachments except for plain text. People can post links
    to web pages or what ever that way only people who want to see the
    attachment would get it, plus it would save on your bandwidth.

    Michael.

    --
    Hand over the Slackware CD's and back AWAY from the computer, your geek
    rights have been revoked !!!

    • Re: Is Plain Text email 100% safe?
      ... There can be no virus in the body of a plain text email, but the attachments might still be infected, if they're in some format other than plain text. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Preview pane is blank
      ... "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote: ... when she called to say she couldn't open her attachments. ... Now imagine that there is no Plain Text component to that E-mail... ... and just open the E-mail in its own message window? ...
    • Re: Import and Insert data from email
      ... I will assume plain text, could we read either plain or HTML from ... Once in db journey is passed to mobile device for driver journey details ... Q. Are the messages in plain text or HTML? ... Q. Would there be any attachments? ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: parse mime
      ... > problems with the content and the embedded mime is that I have some messages ... > worried about any of the attachments, I just want to scrape the content. ... > message body to, and have it return to me a only the plain text body. ...
      (comp.lang.java)
    • Re: parse mime
      ... > problems with the content and the embedded mime is that I have some messages ... > worried about any of the attachments, I just want to scrape the content. ... > message body to, and have it return to me a only the plain text body. ...
      (comp.lang.java.developer)