[Full-Disclosure] FD should block attachments

From: Michael Gale (michael_at_bluesuperman.com)
Date: 04/01/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:22:45 -0700

    Hello,

            Being a member of this I do not mind the carrying on of list
    members. I usually enjoy reading the banter and I do not care about the
    "noise" ratio.

    What is annoying is the amount of viruses or waste of my bandwidth
    attachments that come from this list.

    I think FD should change their policy and block all attachments, except
    maybe plain text file's.

    Most people on this list are smart enough that exe's, zip and pif
    attachments do not need to be send, I am tired of the excuses:

    I had a virus
    I did not know what the file was

    FD should block attachments except for plain text. People can post links
    to web pages or what ever that way only people who want to see the
    attachment would get it, plus it would save on your bandwidth.

    Michael.

    --
    Hand over the Slackware CD's and back AWAY from the computer, your geek
    rights have been revoked !!!
    Hand over the Slackware CD's and back AWAY from the computer, your geek
    rights have been revoked !!!
    Michael Gale
    Slackware user :)
    Bluesuperman.com
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] FD should block attachments
      ... How much precious bandwidth is wasted by FD attachements exactly? ... I am sure it is a staggering amount of data wasted:) ... > bandwidth attachments that come from this list. ... > Slackware user:) ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [Full-Disclosure] FD should block attachments
      ... I think FD should change their policy and block all attachments, ... FD should block attachments except for plain text. ... Slackware user:) ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Outlook Express
      ... The people think the Constitution protects their rights; ... But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome. ... |> Outlook considers all attachments to be unsafe. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: BBC Links Linux to MyDoom
      ... looks like he's trying to turn 'geek' into a dirty word the same as ... "Deep in the darkness of the psyche, vandals and arsonists no doubt have ... html mail or attachments will go in the spam bin unless notified with or in the subject line. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)