Re: [Full-Disclosure] Security Hole in HTTP (RFC1945) - Browser-Spoofing

From: Marcel Krause (marcel_k_at_web.de)
Date: 03/31/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 01:54:24 +0200

    Hi!

    > can anybody confirm this, or is it just an april's fool joke ?
    > http://www.heise.de/security/news/meldung/46175

    for the ones reading this mailing list offline: the text says we
    all should not use HTTP because there are problems with browser
    authentication.

    I am reading c't, another magazine heise produces, and they
    *always* have an april joke. The article mentioned above does
    not tell how the hole can be exploited, but it says sth. about
    a "Browser-in-the-Middle-Program (BMP)". Well, the sheer fact
    that they invent a new meaning for the bitmap file extension
    makes me consider this article as a great joke.

    cya, Marcel

    --
    an unannounced attachment... it's a DOCument... does he really think
    i'll either start the deamonic tool from redmond or reboot my machine

    • Re: Non-SF Reading List
      ... Before reading any other replies... ... Is this too obscure to be a joke? ... My knickers are killing me, ...
      (rec.arts.sf.composition)
    • Re: Thomas Covenant series
      ... reading it absolutely seriously. ... be humble but that you are supposed to pretend to be humble. ... joke and it would make me equally dissatisfied. ... "I write my books for people who can read, ...
      (rec.arts.sf.composition)
    • Re: Shatner on HIGNFY
      ... reading the autocue. ... joke which was cut in post?). ... lead the audiences' responses at key parts. ... I think it was an episode of "Shatner My Dad Says" ...
      (uk.media.tv.misc)
    • Re: Urban renewal on the west side of the pond...
      ... No, written history, I don't have a dog in this fight, I've visited ... I look forward to reading about your next visit to SA and seeing photos. ... Might not be the best place for a joke like that. ... Not at all Scotty. ...
      (soc.culture.scottish)
    • Re: PING: StovePipe
      ... Or,, did I miss the joke? ... Rather funny insults though. ... I did enjoy reading them. ... George and I had a contest going for while to see who could gross out the ...
      (sci.med.dentistry)