Re: [Full-Disclosure] Is this a paypal scam?

From: Nico Golde (nion_at_gmx.net)
Date: 03/19/04

    To: Full-Disclosure <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:33:24 +0100

    Hallo Alerta,

    * Alerta Redsegura <alerta@redsegura.com> [2004-03-19 14:51]:
    > >http://218.62.43.30/verify.html
    >
    > > If this is a scam, then maybe paypal has some employees
    > > passing new account info outside the company.
    > > -jamie-
    >
    > Indeed, Paypal e-mail scams started in 2002 I think.
    >
    > In regards to employees passing new acct info, I have never had a paypal
    > account and have received several times this type of scam mail.
    >
    > I would suggest you to contact Paypal and send them a full copy of the email
    > (as an attachment, not just re-send the e-mail, since it would drop some
    > headers).

    I think he can make an whois question to the given ip and look if this
    is an official paypal host.
    regards nico

    --
    Nico Golde                | nico@ngolde.de      | 310777820@ICQ | nion@gmx.net
    http://www.ngolde.de      | GnuPG Key: http://www.ngolde.de/gpg/nico_golde.gpg

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • SCAMMER ALERT tammyfroncek74@yahoo.com
      ... She has a MM for sale in PA for $1450 including shipping. ... clearly a scam and if anyone else is contacted LMK, I am passing it on ...
      (rec.games.pinball)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Is this a paypal scam?
      ... >If this is a scam, then maybe paypal has some employees passing new ... >account info outside the company. ... Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: What is this particular scam?
      ... I assume it's some kind of scam. ... sometimes get an email, supposedly from an eBay user, asking me about a itme I'm ... but it is their fake website. ... they now have your account info and can hijack your account. ...
      (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
    • Re: What is this particular scam?
      ... I assume it's some kind of scam. ... sometimes get an email, supposedly from an eBay user, asking me about a itme I'm ... but it is their fake website. ... they now have your account info and can hijack your account. ...
      (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
    • Re: HUO TAF
      ... This "HUO" scam is getting old quick... ... what a mess. ... just passing it along! ...
      (rec.games.pinball)