Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Microsoft Security, baby steps ?

From: Dave Horsfall (dave_at_horsfall.org)
Date: 03/17/04

    To: Full Disclosure List <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:47:22 +1100 (EST)

    On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Daniele Muscetta wrote:

    > ....I know, you roughly have some 26 Megabytes of patches to be installed
    > POST-SP4 and POST IE60SP1 on W2K.
    >
    > Is any other OS any better lately ?

    OpenBSD. FreeBSD. NetBSD. BSD/OS. See the pattern?

    I had a BSD/OS box exposed to the Net without a firewall for *years*;
    it was quite funny watching Penguin/OS exploits against it.

    --
    Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU                         Loyal Unix user since 1975
    Booted from Spamtools for dissing the moderator: www.horsfall.org/levine.mail

    • The case for FreeBSD
      ... There has been a lot of recent talk and advocacy for NetBSD 2.0 from the ... their claims and much of their criticisms of FreeBSD. ... network stack in a transparent and quick fashion. ... support available in an open source operating system. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: Quick way to trigger fatal bug in CMU Common Lisp 19c and 19f
      ... This code works fine in 19f on NetBSD, ... What makes you think that NetBSD is likely to derive from FreeBSD? ... list of all my GeoCities files, ... my new shell account (which has about 100 MB disk space unused at ...
      (comp.lang.lisp)
    • Re: The case for FreeBSD
      ... As the old saying goes, FreeBSD is about performance, NetBSD ... and OpenBSD is about security. ... Yes, the issue of advocacy. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: The case for FreeBSD
      ... And what about linux 2.6 vs FreeBSD? ... > There has been a lot of recent talk and advocacy for NetBSD 2.0 from the ... A team of FreeBSD developers works closely ... > support available in an open source operating system. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: Benchmark: NetBSD 2.0 beats FreeBSD 5.3 in server performance
      ... This paper presents a suite of benchmarks and results for comparing the ... performance of these operating systems. ... I read the "paper" with which you trolled a couple of FreeBSD lists. ... "The results in Table 1 shows that NetBSD 2.0 marginally out-performs ...
      (freebsd-performance)