RE: [Full-Disclosure] Caching a sniffer

From: Mike Fratto (mfratto_at_nwc.com)
Date: 03/11/04

    To: <ksmith@chartwelltechnology.com>, <pbruna@masev.cl>
    Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:43:17 -0500

    Your assuming that the attacker 1) has control of the switch and 2) is
    sniffing either the uplink or has configured the switch to mirror all the
    switch ports or VLAN to the mirror port.

    Neither of which may be the case.

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • RE: firewall setup
      ... Connect eth2 to the switch with your servers and eth1 to the switch going to ... firewall and still keep their names. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Cat 2924
      ... Copyright 1986-2004 by cisco Systems, ... BOX in both H/W and S/W, compared to a C2924-XL Switch... ... FastEthernet0/1 failed front-end loopback test ... to make the port configuration "visible", you need to apply 2 commands ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: Cat 2924
      ... Copyright 1986-2004 by cisco Systems, ... BOX in both H/W and S/W, compared to a C2924-XL Switch... ... FastEthernet0/1 failed front-end loopback test ... to make the port configuration "visible", you need to apply 2 commands ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Gigabit Flexibility with Magnum 6K32T Managed Switch from GarrettCom, Inc.
      ... THROUGHPUT WITH MAGNUM 6K32T MANAGED SWITCH ... Gigabit port capability to four Gb ports when compared to the ...
      (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
    • Gigabit Flexibility with Magnum 6K32T Managed Switch from GarrettCom, Inc.
      ... OF GB THROUGHPUT WITH MAGNUM 6K32T MANAGED SWITCH ... Gigabit port capability to four Gb ports when compared to the ...
      (sci.engr.control)