RE: [Full-Disclosure] Comcast using IPS to protect the Internet from their home user clients?

From: Frank Knobbe (frank_at_knobbe.us)
Date: 03/10/04

    To: ald2003@users.sourceforge.net
    Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:33:05 -0600

    On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 23:17, Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh] wrote:
    > if you are routing all your scans from a vpn and the vpn connections
    > are encrypted as they always are then is impossible that the scan are
    > triggering some kind of signatures. i think while they *might* have a
    > ids installed and working, they also might be filtering based on the
    > traffic thresholds ...

    Dear Aditya,

    I am NOW routing the scans through a VPN so that they are not blocked by
    Comcast. When I noticed that something was going on, I was scanning from
    my Cable IP. Once I realized that something seems fishy, I started to
    tunnel all attack traffic, with the reported results.

    Regards,
    Frank

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: 2 servers and 3 nics = pain of my life
      ... "Since you are using 3rd party VPN, you need not only enable IP ... you may have a name resolution or routing issue. ... WINS server as VPN server DNS and Split Tunneling for VPN? ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ...
    • Re: GW (LAN1, LAN2, ADSL) config
      ... The routing table and interfaces look okay. ... Isn't there a ppp0 interface for pptpd. ... Does VPN refer to pptpd or does VPN refer to something else? ... I can not access LAN2 neither from LAN1 nor from GW box ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: RRAS as VPN Server Configuration Questions...
      ... The DNS should be 127.0.0.1. ... The routing problem is the DW should be 192.168.10.1 instead ... Name resulotion on VPN Connection issues on DC, ISA, DNS and WINS server as ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
    • Re: VPN / Local resources
      ... The Vista VPN is peer to peer VPN and is not design as VPN server. ... Some one may suggest to enable Ip routing. ... Our first site has Windows Xp on its machines ... When setting up a remote desktop connection there is a tab for Local ...
    • Re: Cannot access LAN computers when connecting from externally via VPN.
      ... When you setup VPN on a Windows 2003/2000 server, ... The RRAS server will also act as a routing server in the same time. ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ...
      (microsoft.public.isa)