RE: [Full-Disclosure] Comcast using IPS to protect the Internet from their home user clients?

From: Frank Knobbe (frank_at_knobbe.us)
Date: 03/10/04

    To: ald2003@users.sourceforge.net
    Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:33:05 -0600

    On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 23:17, Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh] wrote:
    > if you are routing all your scans from a vpn and the vpn connections
    > are encrypted as they always are then is impossible that the scan are
    > triggering some kind of signatures. i think while they *might* have a
    > ids installed and working, they also might be filtering based on the
    > traffic thresholds ...

    Dear Aditya,

    I am NOW routing the scans through a VPN so that they are not blocked by
    Comcast. When I noticed that something was going on, I was scanning from
    my Cable IP. Once I realized that something seems fishy, I started to
    tunnel all attack traffic, with the reported results.

    Regards,
    Frank

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html