Re: [Full-Disclosure] Backdoor not recognized by Kaspersky

From: Gregor Lawatscheck (gpel_at_mpex.net)
Date: 03/03/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:11:22 +0100

    Cael Abal wrote:

    > Historically, passworded .zip files have been the only remotely
    > acceptable way to e-mail executables. I'm hesitant to give that up.

    ACK. Some AV vendors even request samples of exectuables in passworded
    zips.

    > I'd still rather allow all passworded .zips and rely on the client's AV
    > to nab it.

    People using pgp / gpg to exchange executables between them would
    possibly be the way to go. Then again people who have heard about p/gpg
    aren't the ones who click on executables randomly anyway. There's still
    an education issue with new Internet users of which there seem to
    thousands a day who fall for these worms. After all there are driver
    licenses for normal highways but none for the "information super highway".

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html