Re: [Full-Disclosure] Knocking Microsoft

From: cdowns (cdowns_at_drippingdead.com)
Date: 02/28/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:29:57 -0600

    <snip>

    <li><a HREF="mailto:president@whitehouse.gov?subject=You Suck!&body=You really suck, here is why <insert why here>">Flame joe</a>

    </snip>

    good one mr. Windows.

    joe wrote:

    >I hate to feed a troll but I'm going to...
    >

    >>I would run unix even if it was less secure
    >>just because I can get stuff done.
    >>

    >This statement says far more about you and your competance than it does
    >about any given OS.
    >

    >And just to get it out there so people don't think they came up with some
    >surprising news. I am a Windows Guy. Previously I was a DEC RSTS/E guy, a
    >DEC VAX VMS guy, a Sperry Univac mainframe guy (though only COBOL coding on
    >punch cards), and a Sparc guy twiddling bits on the 68000.....

    • Re: Any Way to Run Windows 2000 From Read-Only CD?
      ... Your point regarding infecting the computer during runtime when the disk is ... Now, regarding UNIX versus Windows, I try to have a balanced view. ... administrator can isolate those and secure them. ...
    • Re: Great SWT Program
      ... hours using, or trying to use, Windows and its applications than ... semantically equivalent to the shell. ... I think you mentioned not having access to a Unix system. ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: In the Shallow End
      ... and the compiler can ... Unix, qua Unix, provides very little in the ... you'd have known why it is easier to do in UNIX compared to Windows NT and its later revisions. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: Aqua is a Plastic Cube!
      ... if WPF were put into Apple's old Mac OS X ... the problem this platform has is that it's rather vaguely defined, ... better than it is on X Windows or Windows XP. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: Great SWT Program
      ... using computers was with Windows. ... Moving the cursor can be done in a number of ways (arrow keys plus ... But vim does. ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)