Re: [Full-Disclosure] Coming soon: CPU fix for buffer overflows

From: maarten (fulldisc_at_ultratux.net)
Date: 02/24/04

    To: <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:14:12 +0100

    On Tuesday 24 February 2004 15:02, Marek Isalski wrote:

    > >On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 20:38, Mike Barushok wrote:

    > Bad analogy time...
    >
    > A non-deterministic Turing Machine is a bit like having an infinite
    > (?probably has to be countable) number of deterministic Turing Machines
    > running in parallel. The 4004 can simulate that too, just not in 'real
    > time'. Far from it! But it will get the answer eventually.

    Well. That is not proven. If the expansion and subsequent predicted collapse
    of the universe happens _sooner_ than that poor 4004 finishing its quantum
    simulation answer, your theory does not fly. ;-))

    Maarten

    --
    Yes of course I'm sure it's the red cable. I guarante[^%!/+)F#0c|'NO CARRIER
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Coming soon: CPU fix for buffer overflows
      ... On Tuesday 24 February 2004 15:02, Marek Isalski wrote: ... > A non-deterministic Turing Machine is a bit like having an infinite ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [EGN] turing completeness
      ... I thought your claim was that NO Turing Machine ... This is because you use the word "infinite" carelessly and in a manner ... >> other TM is the UTM. ... > process is required to prove the impossibility of simulating the UTM. ...
      (comp.programming)
    • Re: Turing Machines and Physical Computation
      ... >>A Turing machine is a kind of state machine. ... Turing states the ink supply is infinite. ... TMs don't compute with reals, ... the imagination for use by abstract constructs (the meaning of machine ...
      (comp.theory)
    • Re: Turing Machines and Physical Computation
      ... >>A Turing machine is a kind of state machine. ... Turing states the ink supply is infinite. ... TMs don't compute with reals, ... the imagination for use by abstract constructs (the meaning of machine ...
      (sci.math)
    • Re: Turing machines, quantum computers, and alephs
      ... >> Turing defined a Turing machine as having an infinite tape. ... the abstract quantum computer with infinitely many qubits might start ...
      (sci.math)