Re: [Full-Disclosure] Windows 2000 Source Leak Verified. Get ready for the havoc.

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 02/15/04

    To: Lee <cheekypeople@sec33.com>
    Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:57:59 -0500

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:42:39 GMT, Lee <cheekypeople@sec33.com> said:
    > again its 1/100 of standardd MS code for a OS, lets get a grip please... and
    > I think I see the company who let the source get loose come out and say

    Most earlier estimates of the Win2K source were about 45M lines of code (I think
    the "40 gig" being tossed around is the size of the source-control-system database).
    And I've seen the number 12.5M lines of code escaped. That's closer to 1/3 than
    to 1/100.

    And remember that there's a synergistic effect - when you have THAT big of a chunk
    of the source, you can start making a lot more educated guesses about what the
    other 2/3 are...

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-disclosure] Dude VanWinkles Death
      ... His mother's name was a very loose example of the possibilities, ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: RORT Charter
      ... Also does anyone know if the charter prohibits OT posts? ... reason for this request is my newsgroup provider has locked me out ... their $25 for 90 gig will certainly last most of a lifetime. ...
      (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
    • [Full-Disclosure] kievonline.org "were back"
      ... Another unpleasant spam from kievonline.org's hackers ... we have 3 gig, including the hottest shit in town!!! ... A notice have been sent to Charter about this. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Student Drop-Out Rates...why?
      ... Gig 601XL Builder wrote: ... But te real outcome will be more old guys who are ... > scared they are going to loose their medicals. ...
      (rec.aviation.piloting)
    • Re: Help!: 160 gig only seen as 152 gig??
      ... > loose on a drive that big, but still, it's too weird that I would be unable ... > albeit smaller, geometry. ... or is this a limitation or problem in BSD? ... Drive manufacturers use base 10 Gig, and FreeBSD uses ...
      (freebsd-questions)