[Full-Disclosure] PC/DRM Turing-completness (Re: Removing FIred admins)

From: Martin Mačok (martin.macok_at_underground.cz)
Date: 02/14/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:37:04 +0100

    On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 02:25:16PM +0100, Benjamin Schweizer wrote:

    > | programs that it can run. Basically, if it has enough smarts to
    > | run a simulator of a Turing Machine, it's Turing-complete - and all
    > | you need for THAT is a decrement instruction, a 'test and skip next
    > | if zero' instruction, and a branch instruction.
    >
    > And unlimited memory (tapes). That's one reason why you can't build a
    > Turing-complete machine irl.

    You can. You don't have to build an *infinite* tape, *unlimited* is
    enough. Buy some tape, execute the instructions and buy a new tape
    or make (linear) space compression on demand. This way our PCs can
    be Turing-complete.

    Martin Mačok

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html