Re: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft confirms source code leak

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 02/13/04

    To: support@mmicman.com
    Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:31:00 -0500

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:32:52 PST, "Edward W. Ray" <support@mmicman.com> said:
    > "Does it not appear that the leak could have been done to ensure that M$ has
    > a legal argument to abate liability in case they are sued?"
    >
    > I think their EULA which you accept when installing covers their ass for
    > just about anything.

    The leak covers the case where Bad People don't accept the EULA. "We tried
    hard to secure the code, and the Bad People wouldn't have found the hole
    that took out the entire ATM system if they hadn't had the source code...".

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] InfoSec sleuths beware, Microsofts attorneys may be knocking at your door
      ... MS afraid the EULA ... any breach of Microsofts corporate network or internal security, ... if it wasn't a breach of security and the leak wasn't through their ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft confirms source code leak
      ... "Does it not appear that the leak could have been done to ensure that M$ has ... a legal argument to abate liability in case they are sued?" ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: XP SP2
      ... > This file got out because someone on the beta decided to disregard their ... > agreed to EULA for the beta and put up the file on a shareware site. ... MS and the only question is whether it was with permission or not. ... is that the "leak" was entirely intened as it is totally to MS's advantage. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] An idea of leaking alternative to wikileaks
      ... Concentrate on leak amplification to let leaks reach media ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] =?windows-1252?q?Climate-Gate=3AA_SysAdmin=92s_?= =?windows-12
      ... along - that the leak of the CRU emails wasn't the result of a bold and ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
      (Full-Disclosure)