[Fwd: [Full-Disclosure] ASN vulerability question]

From: Daniel H. Renner (dan_at_losangelescomputerhelp.com)
Date: 02/12/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: 11 Feb 2004 15:45:18 -0800

    William,

    I know that on a 98 system you can rename the file with no adverse
    effects - the one we did it to is running IE v5.5, Access 97 &
    QuickBooks 2002 just fine.

    However, if you do this on a WinXP system, you'd first have to deal with
    the dllcache file (which I don't suggest you do) and then the system32
    file - which I also don't suggest you do - because you will BSOD your
    computer when you try to reboot...

    Cheers,
    Dan