Re: [Full-Disclosure] Interesting side effect of the new IE patch

From: Daniele Muscetta (daniele_at_muscetta.com)
Date: 02/05/04

  • Next message: Jeremiah Cornelius: "Re: [Full-Disclosure] Buffer Overflow in ISAKMP-Process at Checkpoint VPN-1 (the VPN component commonly deployed on Checkpoint Firewall-1 installations)"
    To: <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:55:57 +0100 (CET)

    Schmehl, Paul L said:
    > I wonder how many other vendors are "cheating" on the RFCs to
    > facilitate browser interaction?

    Someone was pointing me the case of another vendor.
    Not really a 'vendor' (at least: not a SOFTWARE vendor, as we usually talk
    about those).

    FIAT (the famous Italian CAR producer) invested quite an amount of money
    and effort in lauching the promotional site:
    http://www.buy@fiat.com

    ....I think they must not be very happy now..... :(

    Regards,

    Daniele Muscetta
    IT Virtual Community Member
    www.itvirtualcommunity.net