Re: [Full-Disclosure] Interesting side effect of the new IE patch

From: Daniele Muscetta (daniele_at_muscetta.com)
Date: 02/05/04

  • Next message: Jeremiah Cornelius: "Re: [Full-Disclosure] Buffer Overflow in ISAKMP-Process at Checkpoint VPN-1 (the VPN component commonly deployed on Checkpoint Firewall-1 installations)"
    To: <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:55:57 +0100 (CET)

    Schmehl, Paul L said:
    > I wonder how many other vendors are "cheating" on the RFCs to
    > facilitate browser interaction?

    Someone was pointing me the case of another vendor.
    Not really a 'vendor' (at least: not a SOFTWARE vendor, as we usually talk
    about those).

    FIAT (the famous Italian CAR producer) invested quite an amount of money
    and effort in lauching the promotional site:
    http://www.buy@fiat.com

    ....I think they must not be very happy now..... :(

    Regards,

    Daniele Muscetta
    IT Virtual Community Member
    www.itvirtualcommunity.net

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

  • Next message: Jeremiah Cornelius: "Re: [Full-Disclosure] Buffer Overflow in ISAKMP-Process at Checkpoint VPN-1 (the VPN component commonly deployed on Checkpoint Firewall-1 installations)"

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Simple FTP Setup - whats not right
      ... Diane wrote: ... needed to have the outside vendor create a DNS record for me as well. ... Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!! ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Web sites compromised by IIS attack
      ... On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 21:08, Paul Schmehl wrote: ... > software vendor to the same standard. ... My beef is that we started to accept broken products, ... The emphasis here is on "the vendor fixing the broken ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: cpu / machine identification
      ... I was involved in an audit of a VERY large outsourcer on behalf ... of a VERY large software vendor, ... The only data required for the audit was the site's SMF data ... would satisfy the vendor, that the site would agree to. ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Web sites compromised by IIS attack
      ... >> software vendor to the same standard. ... > My beef is that we started to accept broken products, ... So can I assume that you would allow a vendor to remotely patch your ... I think Frank that your starting to point out a problem for M$ and other ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Install SQL2000 on SBS2k3 prem R2
      ... Hiya - I have a client who was told by a software vendor that they needed ... licensing/maintenance, but I was wondering.... ... installing it on the current box running 2005? ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)