Re: [Full-Disclosure] MyDoom.B

From: Diego Calleja (grundig_at_teleline.es)
Date: 02/01/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 16:09:12 +0100

    El Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:37:05 -0800 Daniel Spisak <dspisak@nonmundane.org> escribió:

    > possible. Posting the virus to a URL on this list means it ends up on
    > the web archive which means it shows up in Google which means any Tom,
    > Dick, or Jane can download the live virus. So if you wish to help

    I have several dozens of that crap in my inbox folder. In fact, I bet
    there're several dozens of then in *every* email account on earth. You don't
    need to put it anywhere, just press the fscking "get new mail" button and you
    have a free copy. It's plain stupid that McAffe is trying to stop people
    putting them in a website for public research and full disclosure when
    everybody have copies everywhere.

    Unless they want to create the only vaccine for it of course. Like I'm
    going to buy their product, anyway.

    Diego Calleja

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Information bar - need way to turn off
      ... I'm getting dozens of notices that some sites want ... me to download the ActiveX plugin "Macromedia Flash Player 7" so they ... I KNOW they want me to download this, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
    • Re: Question about Windows XP Service Pack 2
      ... dozens of stories of people having problem immediately after downloaded ... Do the great majority of people download ... The two of us who owned Dell machines updated the BIOS as instructed by ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Question about Windows XP Service Pack 2
      ... dozens of stories of people having problem immediately after ... download this update with no problems whatsoever? ... I just tried to update to the current version of AVG, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Microsoft is a flipping control freak - why cant we download IE6
      ... Zee ... > Why does Microslop make it so difficult to download IE 6? ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)