RE: [Full-Disclosure] Infections

John.Airey_at_rnib.org.uk
Date: 01/28/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:45:26 -0000

    I have just spotted an infected email to another list that I am on that
    purported to come from me. It hadn't even touched my system. It looks like
    it doesn't just pick out emails that you have sent, but emails that you have
    received and fakes that From address.

    Therefore, those who have been hurling criticism about how people on a
    security list could get infected should go back and check the headers.
    They'll find that they didn't even originate from the allegedly infected
    person's mail server.

    Please be more careful before you criticise people on this list.

    Thank you.

    -
    John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
    Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
    Blind,
    Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
    Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 John.Airey@rnib.org.uk

    Even if you win the rat race, that will still only make you a rat.

    -
    DISCLAIMER:

    and any attachments from your system.

    cannot accept any responsibility for any such which are transmitted.

    those of RNIB.

    RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

    Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.