FW: [Full-Disclosure] DOS all platforms

From: Jos Osborne (Jos_at_meltemi.co.uk)
Date: 01/27/04

    To: <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:35:26 -0000

    Back just before the millenium my local college lost about 30 or so brand new computers cos' of a virus that overwrote their flash Bios'es with random gibberish. Said Bios chips were soldered directly to the motherboard so they couldn't even be easily replaced.
    I heard about the HD destroyer too - it was supposed to be something to do with setting up a vibration in the drive heads that destroyed the slipstream layer the head rides on. Nobody I know has ever _actually_ seen it happen tho.

    Jos