[Full-Disclosure] W32.novarg.a - Highly distributed mass mailer

From: Michael Skaff (michael_at_coolsign.com)
Date: 01/27/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:55:20 -0800

    Apologies if this is off topic, but I thought it merited posting, given the

    Norton has also tagged the same worm referenced in the previous posting from
    McAfee, but they're calling it Novarg. No details yet. We've seen a
    variety of file names and subject headers, although "Hi", "Hello" seem to be
    the most popular so far. "Text" "File" and "Message" seem to be popular
    file names. We are seeing ~25/hr @ the gateway, and rising.

    Details here:

    Michael Skaff
    Manager of IT/NOC