Re: [Full-Disclosure] Old school applications on the Internet(was Anti-MS drivel)

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 01/22/04

    To: Gregh <chows@ozemail.com.au>
    Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 03:45:24 -0500

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:25:04 +1100, Gregh said:

    > Can you verify that claim somewhere I can read about that please? So far as
    > I am aware, any machine on a network conforms to protocols for networking,
    > not to OS applications' ideas which may not be networking protocol
    > compliant. Therefore, a MAC on a network can share files with an MS based PC
    > or a Unix based PC.

    I'll believe that when I see an actual protocol spec for CIFS.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: 2503/WS-1103 intermittant ping
      ... blade installed on my network. ... The router seems to perform OK except ... when I ping the ethernet connection, I only get back every other ping. ... BRI0 is administratively down, line protocol is down ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • 2503/WS-1103 intermittant ping
      ... I installed a 2503/WS-1103 which is a catalyst 3200 with a router ... blade installed on my network. ... BRI0 is administratively down, line protocol is down ... IP fast switching on the same interface is disabled ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: Binary protocol design: TLV, LTV, or else?
      ... Since its main purpose is transfer of G-code, the protocol is expected to ... the protocol that is layered atop UDP has to include these ... not the network capacity. ... that all messages involve "control". ...
      (comp.arch.embedded)
    • Re: tcp/ip hardware offload
      ... new hp direct cards with corrected firmware released over the years, ... several vendors are developing network adapters ... > gigabit network adapters with full protocol offload. ...
      (Vuln-Dev)
    • Re: Why so much cross-posting?
      ... BTW the Protocol came from UK and France AFAIRC ... So you were on the internet in the mid-70s through your connection ... The British NPL network was developed at the NPL lab in Teddington. ...
      (alt.photography)