[Fwd: Re: [Full-Disclosure] Anti-MS drivel]

From: Daniel H. Renner (dan_at_losangelescomputerhelp.com)
Date: 01/20/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: 20 Jan 2004 11:09:22 -0800

    Yo guys,

    How do you keep a group of people from attaining any sort of goal
    whatsoever? How do you make any group smaller and less powerfull?

    SIMPLE. Keep them bickering about ANYTHING. Which color, creed, beer,
    pizza, or operating system is better than the other.

    Fall into that trap and you've made your group that much smaller, that
    much less powerfull because instead of doing what they like to do -
    they're bickering about something.

    And even a newbie can see that nothing gets handled, fixed or done when
    you're wasting time bickering like a bunch of fish-wives...

    I'm not saying that these things can't be discussed, but when it goes on
    for rediculous lengths of time, it's only bickering and nothing more.

    Cheers,
    Dan

    From: Dave Sherohman <esper@sherohman.org>
    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] Anti-MS drivel
    Date: 20 Jan 2004 12:01:09 -0600

    On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 12:12:46PM -0500, Mary Landesman wrote:
    > On January 20, 2004 11:55 AM, "Tobias Weisserth" claimed:
    > > And the blame goes on MS for this. Nobody else.
    >
    > There is absolutely nothing I can do to secure my home from break-in. I can
    > minimize the risks, but I cannot alleviate the risk entirely. However, we
    > don't blame the builders when a home invasion occurs. We rightfully blame
    > the burglar.

    If a builder sold you a home with no locks on the doors and no
    latches on the windows, I suspect that he could be successfully sued
    in the modern "blame everyone in sight" environment of the U.S. And,
    unlike a number of other cases, I would agree with that, on the basis
    that (unless the home was in an extremely remote location) the
    builder was intolerably negligent to omit those locks and latches.

    --
    The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
    White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: ok third times the charm
      ... I wouldn't blame you if you don't post any more. ... to be very upsetting recently, all bickering and nastiness rather than ...
      (uk.people.support.depression)
    • Re: Its so much fun harvesting some assholes emails and addresses...
      ... why don't you *all* take your pathetic little personal quarrels off this group and stop bickering back and forth. ... You blame each other for ruining groups and whatnot, but still you *crosspost* your stupid little banter back and forth and ... Take your bickering and sorry ass "vendettas" elsewhere, ... *shrug* You accomplish nothing ...
      (rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc)
    • Re: [Fwd: Re: [Full-Disclosure] Anti-MS drivel]
      ... session cause you know the problem isn't gonna get fixed anytime soon and you ... How do you make any group smaller and less powerfull? ... Keep them bickering about ANYTHING. ... *> you're wasting time bickering like a bunch of fish-wives... ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: (2008-09-22) NS-RFC: Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake...
      ... I would rather you take your petty ... bickering elsewhere. ... You've got a couple of other RFC regulars to blame for it ... Chatty Cathy ...
      (rec.food.cooking)
    • Re: Quiet around here...
      ... back the bickering between these two. ... Blame me everyone! ... Nah -- there aren't many posts that wouldn't get something going ... ers. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)