RE: [Full-Disclosure] Anti-MS drivel

From: Scott Taylor (security_at_303underground.com)
Date: 01/17/04

    To: "[Full Disclosure]" <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:44:25 -0700

    On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 13:47, James Patterson Wicks wrote:

    > Business on the other hand is moving slowly to Linux. Why slowly? Who
    > do you sue when your business is hacked by someone who planted a
    > backdoor in the Linux kernel? Won't happen you say? Let's see, almost
    > happened once already . . .

    How many businesses are suing Microsoft for putting out a wonderful
    platform on which to automatically replicate viruses? No, the reason is
    that managers get their free keychains and t-shirts from Microsoft for
    going to their stupid seminars and believe that all their vaporware will
    really revolutionize the world pretty soon, if only they choose to
    invest hundreds of hours converting their current enterprise into
    something that fits the active directory model, and in the process
    paying excessive amounts of money to consultants that correctly answered
    a couple multiple choice tests to get their silly Microsoft
    certification. Its a free market, let them waste their money like that.
    I've found some great deals on hardware at the auctions of companies
    that really truly believed all that marketing crap.

    --
    Scott Taylor - <security@303underground.com>
    If you look like your driver's license photo -- see a doctor.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html