RE: [Full-Disclosure] Flawed arguments (Was all that other crap about PFW day)

From: Erik van Straten (emvs.fd.3FB4D11C_at_cpo.tn.tudelft.nl)
Date: 01/16/04

    To: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls@utdallas.edu>
    Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:39:20 +0100

    In [4], On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:33:29 -0600 Paul Schmehl wrote:
    > The previous poster complains that PFWs fool people into thinking
    > that they are more secure. Several other posters have cited the
    > fact that most *nixes now come with "the firewall enabled", which
    > obviously means they think that makes *nix more secure. So, they
    > believe, simply by having iptables (or whatever) enabled, they are
    > more secure.

    You started a new subject - clearly a rant

    *I* [1] complained that PFW's fool people into thinking that they are
    more secure - an idea you reject *AND* support in the same post [2]
    clearly shown in [3]

    You quoted only *MY* text - now you're talking "several other posters"
    who are you ranting anyway

    In your explanation [4] you're leaving out one of both relevant
    paragraphs from [3] and provide a stupid excuse

    I pity you - Get Some Sleep

    Erik

    [1] http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/2004-January/015674.html
    [2] http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/2004-January/015675.html