[Full-Disclosure] Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help the cause

From: David F. Skoll (dfs_at_roaringpenguin.com)
Date: 01/15/04

    To: tlarholm@pivx.com
    Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:06:37 -0500 (EST)

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 tlarholm@pivx.com wrote:

    > I just wanted to remind everybody that tomorrow is Personal Firewall Day.
    > http://www.personalfirewallday.org/

    That Web site is utterly disingenuous. Rather than giving low-value
    information, how about high-value information that actually protects people:

    1) Don't use Windows.
    2) Don't use Outlook.

    Our company uses neither Windows nor Outlook, and although we do have a
    firewall, we do not use anti-virus software.

    Of course, the sponsors of the site (Microsoft and a bunch of anti-virus
    vendors) can hardly see it as being in their interest to actually create
    a secure computing environment.

    Regards,

    David.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.