[Full-Disclosure] Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help the cause

From: David F. Skoll (dfs_at_roaringpenguin.com)
Date: 01/15/04

    To: tlarholm@pivx.com
    Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:06:37 -0500 (EST)

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 tlarholm@pivx.com wrote:

    > I just wanted to remind everybody that tomorrow is Personal Firewall Day.
    > http://www.personalfirewallday.org/

    That Web site is utterly disingenuous. Rather than giving low-value
    information, how about high-value information that actually protects people:

    1) Don't use Windows.
    2) Don't use Outlook.

    Our company uses neither Windows nor Outlook, and although we do have a
    firewall, we do not use anti-virus software.

    Of course, the sponsors of the site (Microsoft and a bunch of anti-virus
    vendors) can hardly see it as being in their interest to actually create
    a secure computing environment.

    Regards,

    David.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Cant email from Word 2002 with Outlook Express
      ... Graham Mayor - Word MVP ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... if I r/click on a doc., sent to "mail recident" it brings up outlook ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
    • Re: Match fields in Address block
      ... Word document as the place to put the data, Outlook still does, and the ... Peter Jamieson - Word MVP ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org/ ... Graham Mayor - Word MVP ...
      (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
    • Re: Add recipient email to ActiveDocument.SendMail
      ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... If Err 0 Then 'Outlook isn't running ... Set oOutlookApp = CreateObject ...
      (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
    • Re: How to get to email from Word
      ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... 'Get Outlook if it's running ... Set oOutlookApp = CreateObject ...
      (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
    • Re: Why cant I get Multiple instances of word?
      ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... Laverne R. George ... Involk Outlook and open an Email session. ... You can not access a Word document while using Outlooks emails ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)