Re: [Full-Disclosure] Professional Groups

From: Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr (gwen_at_reptiles.org)
Date: 01/13/04

    To: Matt Burnett <marukka@mac.com>
    Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:35:58 -0500 (EST)

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Matt Burnett wrote:
    > Forgot to include this in my previous post. I am personally wondering if
    > thoses tech jobs going overseas will come back. Im not sure if it has been
    > discussed on this list, but what about the quality of the software written
    > overseas? We all know that American made software typically has a few
    > security issues, but what of software made overseas? Are we going to see
    > exploits come out on a obsecene basis. Could this result in jobs coming back
    > to the US? Also we have seen a few jobs come back, take Dell's Enterprise
    > Tech Support as a example, tons of people with money complained to Dell and
    > now we have a few more jobs back. What if we all started to complain about
    > the quality of products (even if there isn't a problem), and threaten to
    > switch vendors?

    <sarcasm>

    I am personally wondering which "overseas" you're referring to. Could
    you be suggesting that jobs might be going "ovenseas" to the United
    States? That sounds absolutely terrible! What sort of an impact will
    that have locally?!? Jobs lost, wages cut - and you know the sort of
    shoddy quality that you get from companies in the US, too...

    Great suggestion, though - let's all complain about how the United States
    is trying to steal our jobs, and force lousy products on us, and threaten
    to switch vendors...

    </sarcasm>

    For crying out loud, can't you get it through your head that you're
    posting to an -international- forum, which includes a goodly number of
    people and posters that -aren't- in the United States, and find your
    blatant presumptions naive and ill thought out, at best?

    cheers!
    avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Where are the jobs? For many companies, overseas
      ... They're hiring overseas, where sales are surging and the pipeline of orders ... says American companies have created 1.4 million jobs ... versus what is good for the American economy," says Scott. ... globalization expert and economist at Columbia ...
      (soc.retirement)
    • Re: Where are the jobs? For many companies, overseas
      ... many American companies are -- just maybe not in your town. ... They're hiring overseas, where sales are surging and the pipeline of orders ... But the jobs are going elsewhere. ... When Apple set out to make the iPad, most of the design work happened ...
      (soc.retirement)
    • Re: Where are the jobs? For many companies, overseas
      ... many American companies are -- just maybe not in your town. ... They're hiring overseas, where sales are surging and the pipeline of orders ... But the jobs are going elsewhere. ... When Apple set out to make the iPad, most of the design work happened ...
      (soc.retirement)
    • Re: Where are the jobs? For many companies, overseas
      ... They're hiring overseas, where sales are surging and the pipeline of orders ... But the jobs are going elsewhere. ... DuPont's work force reflects the shift in its growth: ... When Apple set out to make the iPad, most of the design work happened ...
      (soc.retirement)
    • Re: Overseas Travel Jobs - Comprehensive Job Board
      ... 10,000 overseas travel jobs in the USA, Canada and the UK (4774 jobs ... foreign internship, I always ask them, 'Okay, who has a disaster ... The trend for overseas travel jobs seems to increase despite the ...
      (rec.boats.cruising)