Re: [Full-Disclosure] Show me the Virrii!

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 01/08/04

    To: nick@virus-l.demon.co.uk
    Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:55:15 -0500

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:06:29 +1300, Nick FitzGerald <nick@virus-l.demon.co.uk> said:
    > I think anyone who thinks they'll break into contemporary mainstream
    > antivirus research (which is very heavily dependent on access to huge
    > repositories of malware samples) by side-stepping such issues is
    > severely deluding themselves...

    "Research" isn't what you're doing when you're planning to figure out how to
    stop the *next* new attack by studying the terabytes of examples of how that
    idea didn't stop the attack last time.

    What you're doing there is milking a cash cow rather than finding a new way to
    actually fix the problem right.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html