RE: [Full-Disclosure] weird worm ?

From: Discini, Sonny (
Date: 12/30/03

    To: "Rapaill" <>, <>
    Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:33:29 -0500

    Yes, I have seen similar e-mails and yes, this appears to be word list probes to see what will and will not pass through your filter. Once they compile a reasonable trigger list, they will omit those words from their SPAM messages. This also explains why the e-mail is coming from random sources. If it came from a real address, they know that any reasonable admin would add the domain to their block list.