RE: [Full-Disclosure] RE: Yahoo Instant Messenger YAUTO.DLL buffer overflow

From: madsaxon (madsaxon_at_direcway.com)
Date: 12/05/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 21:55:28 -0600

    At 10:02 PM 12/4/2003 -0500, Kristian Hermansen wrote:
    >You are censoring your child's freedom of speech based on your own problem
    >in dealing with the fact the society generally does not "accept" this sort
    >of language. Good for you, I hope your child becomes another upstanding
    >citizen of our US population, unaware of the world around them, conforming
    >to their leaders (aka you, the father - later the prez) and not
    >questioning authority.

    Sigh. Spoken like a true teenager. Study the history of the 1960s
    for even a few minutes and you'll realize that my generation
    blazed the trail for your idealism (yep, I'm a whole lot older
    than 20). While I don't expect you to listen, let me state
    here for the record that (hopefully) someday you'll understand
    that idealism must be tempered with pragmatism in order to be
    effective. Shouting "down with the establishment" is all well and
    good, but eventually, whether you like it or not, you'll
    become that very establishment. Then *you'll* have to deal with
    people like you. I hope I'm there to see it.

    m5x

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Academic/scientific journals in Esperanto?
      ... >> since there is no such thing as language or dialect. ... Or to do about anything in Maths. ... Back to linguistics, I would be happy to tolerate a much looser ... > Idealism; Idealism may have its scope but isn't universal. ...
      (sci.lang)
    • Re: Academic/scientific journals in Esperanto?
      ... > Is that question addressed to me or António? ... > since there is no such thing as language or dialect. ... If not how can linguistics ... Idealism; Idealism may have its scope but isn't universal. ...
      (sci.lang)
    • Re: OT: Fix it now or later (was OT:Thanksgiving
      ... The establishment has changed tactics. ... Now they cut scientists out early in the process. ... Real scientists don't use those words; that's the language of lawyers and ...
      (comp.lang.cobol)
    • Re: Idealism: its many faces
      ... Idealism seems to be passe in today's world though. ... Isn't postmodernism the new idealism - in the sense that their view of ... language is one which brackets off reality and ...
      (uk.philosophy.misc)