Re: [Full-Disclosure] [Fwd: Bugtraq: Linksys WRT54G Denial of Service Vulnerability]

From: Jonathan A. Zdziarski (jonathan_at_nuclearelephant.com)
Date: 12/04/03

    To: Michael Renzmann <security@dylanic.de>
    Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 01:41:54 -0500

    In a lot of cases, this would only be exploitable internally, since many
    configurations are set up not to allow access to the unit externally.
    But in any case, there are a lot of other ways to DoS these little
    residential boxes. Running macof (part of the dsniff package) will
    effectively shut down all traffic on the network. I'm sure arpspoof
    without forwarding would do the same thing. I'm surprised these things
    don't support something as basic as SSL for authentication (at least the
    model I've got doesn't)

    On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 23:42, Michael Renzmann wrote:
    > Can anyone confirm if technically identical devices such as the Buffalo
    > WBR-G54 share this vulnerability?

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html