Re: [Full-Disclosure] Attacks based on predictable process IDs??

From: Wojciech Purczynski (cliph_at_isec.pl)
Date: 11/28/03

    To: Dirk Mueller <dmuell@gmx.net>
    Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:54:52 +0100 (CET)

    > current linux kernels provide more than 15bit pids ( I think its 30 or
    > 31bits). Not much more, but it makes it slightly more difficult.

    Your "current" linux doesn't seem to be stable yet ;) I haven't seen pids
    wider than 15 bits on any production system :)

    Cheers,
    wp

    --
    Wojciech Purczynski
    iSEC Security Research

    • Re: [SLE] FYI: OpenSUSE vs Vista
      ... Orn E. Hansen wrote: ... wider world, they need to carry the rest of us with them. ... I'm not saying that Linux should be radically changed. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] FYI: OpenSUSE vs Vista
      ... wider world, they need to carry the rest of us with them. ... I'm not saying that Linux should be radically changed. ... like irresponsibility to me. ...
      (SuSE)