Re: [Full-Disclosure] SSH Exploit Request

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 11/13/03

    To: Robert Davies <phantasm@textbox.net>
    Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:19:11 -0500

    On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:08:41 EST, Robert Davies <phantasm@textbox.net> said:

    > I am quite bothered out the ass by well paid admins that are too damn lazy
    > to spend the few minutes it takes to repair a flawed service. Either start
    > doing your job, or get the hell out of the way for those of us that want to
    > do the job required properly!

    Actually, the *original* problem was that the OP *wanted* to apply the patch
    to fix a flawed service, but was prevented from doing so by a flawed policy.

    Now tell me - would *you* install the patch anyhow, knowing that (possibly)
    doing so without all the change-control paperwork being done correctly
    would mean your ass would be canned and you'd be looking for another job?

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html