Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Funny article

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresne_at_winternet.com)
Date: 11/13/03

    To: Mikael Olsson <mikael.olsson@clavister.com>
    Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:33:55 -0600 (CST)

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Mikael Olsson wrote:

    > dphull@ku.edu wrote:
    > >
    > > Certainly a vulnerability in Apache should not be a strike
    > > against Linux, should it?
    >
    > Of course it should. You don't just "run an OS". Obviously, you
    > want your machine to actually do something useful.

    Of course, since apache has been ported to the windows realm, then bugs in
    apache should be applied against both linux/unix variants as well as M$
    OS's. But, when one looks at apache related bugs, one finds that there
    are some specific to platform, soo this then gets to be a bit of a muster
    fluck...

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
            ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

    OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • [UNIX] "Slapper" OpenSSL/Apache Worm Propagation
      ... The worm is a modified derivative of the Apache ... Current versions of the Slapper worm only target the following Linux ... Mod_ssl is the Apache web server interface to OpenSSL, ...
      (Securiteam)
    • Re: (Another) simple benchmark
      ... Interesting that the linux you are claiming to use would use prefork ... Apache as default, while this is the default on FreeBSD I would think ... the threaded worker would be used on a lot of linux dists, since they don't have the option to easily rebuild it. ...
      (freebsd-performance)
    • Re: [PHP] Copy Function Errors
      ... default most linux distributions do not give apache a password. ... Try testing to make sure you can ftp to the server using a normal ftp ... Subject: Copy Function Errors ...
      (php.general)
    • Re: (Another) simple benchmark
      ... In absence of anything smarter to do, I installed WBEL 3 Linux ... Apache is a well known server-grade product, ... It shouldn't behave this badly on FreeBSD. ... FreeBSD CPU time was 100% spent, with 90%-95% spent in sys time ...
      (freebsd-current)