Re: [Full-Disclosure] why commcerical software *could* be better

From: Gadi Evron (ge_at_linuxbox.org)
Date: 11/13/03

    Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:48:57 -0800

    > Can you explain what responsibility does m$ take for its crap? Just read
    > the m$ EULA again before using the word "responsibility". (having the
    > right to say "fsck bill" does not qualify as responsibility).

    This post was *not* about Microsoft.

    > There are enough bugs in windoze, but haven't you heard the rumours that
    > a lot of propriatary os code has leaked?

    I heard *rumors*. Maybe they are true, maybe they aren't.
    You can buy the source if you are a company/EDU that develops/researches
    on/for Windows.

    China just got (paid for) an executable version too.

    --
           Gadi Evron (i.e. ge),
           ge@linuxbox.org.

    • Re: drts Treffen 2006
      ... Paddeln sollte man dich dafuer. ... PGP Key ID: 0xC52549E5 ... "Wenn mir Microsoft einen Porsche schenkt, ...
      (de.rec.tv.simpsons)
    • Re: Verifying Microsofts Digital Signature
      ... > Is this a PGP key or a digital certificate that you obtained. ... > security related messages. ... I downloaded the PGP key from Microsoft ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: eBay says NO TO LINUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ... > that are Linux users. ... What is ebay going to do when Microsoft opens it's auction site and directs ... such a way that only windows users could use it, ... (this approval would, of course, be microsofts own version of a PGP key ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: eBay says NO TO LINUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ... You could just "subscribe" to Microsoft and have everything updated ... not permit installation of software that did not have the ... microsofts own version of a PGP key of some kind, you know, to ... Registered Linux user #334297 ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock
      ... And in my opinion and my experience you're biased and full ... of crap. ... PGP Key: 8B6E99C5 | And dream I do... ...
      (Debian-User)