Re: [Full-Disclosure] Fw: Red Hat Linux end-of-life update and transition planning

From: Shawn McMahon (smcmahon_at_eiv.com)
Date: 11/03/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:32:45 -0500

    Joshua Levitsky wrote:
    > It's happened. Red Hat has officially said F@#$ YOU to us all.
    >
    > Hey Red Hat.. I've got a migration plan for you... it's called BSD / SuSE /
    > Mandrake.

    Wow. I've seen some ungrateful folks in this community before, but this
    takes the cake.

    They responded to the complaints of many people, including folks in this
    list, about their release schedules being commercially-driven and that
    spoiling the quality of their free product, by spending a bunch of money
    to support a community-run spinoff to manage the free product. They
    continue to support it, and continue to pay people to work on things
    that go into the kernel and other free software, and you call that a
    "fuck you"?

    Seems more like a "thank you" to me.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html